Our client is an Oil trading and supply company with operations all over the world. They have a strong track-record of growth and an impressive entrepreneurial approach.
This role focuses on the preparation and production daily Profit & Loss (P&L) reporting to enable the business to understand and manage commercial & trading performance across Europe. This includes daily volume exposure reporting, stock control, P&L reporting, analysis, limit monitoring and monthly Management Information to Management Accounts reconciliations.
You will work as part of the European Product Control function and work closely with the Product Control teams in America and Asia, as well as the Group Finance team.
This role would suit someone with a finance/accounting background looking to broaden their career and work with tangible assets in a position where they can add real value to the team and company.
As Product Control Analyst your main responsibilities will be:
- Working closely with Traders internally to ensure data is accurate and timely; and, with the physical operations teams for reviewing all stock movements, either in tank, barges, in pipe, etc (delivered or to be delivered).
- Help to implement process and system improvements to streamline activities.
- Reviewing and checking daily physical transactions have been posted correctly.
- Providing commercial analysis; specifically, monthly commercial performance measures, fixed cost reporting and analysis, analysis of pricing and basis risk around physical operations.
- Analyse the operative performance of our barges (loadings, deliveries, transfers, loss control) and terminals and look for cost reduction opportunities.
- Ensuring integrity of data through the implementation and use of suitable controls.
- Work closely with the Finance team at month end to ensure accurate reporting.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND PROFILE REQUIREMENTS:
- Relevant work-based experience in Finance or accounting; industry and direct Product Control experience preferred, but NOT essential.
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Excel and accounting based software.