Based: Central London
Our client is an Oil trading and supply company based in Central London. They have a strong track-record of growth and an impressive entrepreneurial approach.
This is a newly created role and part of a growing Risk Management function where you will be responsible for supporting the development and delivery of the Operational Risk framework across the organisation.
The suitable candidate will need to have knowledge of risk management frameworks & principles, be an excellent communicator with the confidence and ability to work with stakeholders at all levels and have logical and disciplined approach to their work.
As Operational Risk Analyst your main responsibilities will be:
- Deputising for Operational Risk Manager acting as a focal point to the business on matters pertaining to operational risk or process improvement more generally.
- Preparing risk reports and updates and presenting this information as part of regular internal risk management meetings.
- Supporting the implementation of Operational Risk framework across core and emerging commercial and operational activities.
- Delivering the Incident Management programme by investigating and analysing incident reports to identify control gaps or weaknesses, and document findings and improvement suggestions via written reports.
- Maintaining a library of procedural documentation, key processes and controls across all departments and ensure continuous improvement to avoid risks.
- Supporting the Systems Development Lifecycle by working with the IT department to ensure that system changes or enhancements are aligned with the risk management & control framework and consistent with desired business process.
- Monitoring of Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) and policy compliance including role security / system permission profiles.
- Helping to identify, review and manage operational risks linked to new & existing business activities.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND PROFILE REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of operational risk and control processes.
- Excellent working knowledge of commodity trading and supply chain operations.
- Experience in risk, audit/assurance, compliance/internal control, or consulting.
- Strong IT Skills and aptitude, experience with Energy Trading Risk Management Systems (ETRM).
- Professional qualifications preferred in accounting (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or risk & financial (FRM/ERP/CFA).
- A flexible and adaptable attitude, with the ability to multi-task and respond quickly to changing priorities; able to prioritize work effectively and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to present information in a concise, logical manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build, expand and maintain collaborative Relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of the business.