Salary: Highly Competitive
Our client is a trader of Commodity and Energy products including, Gas, Power, LNG and Oil etc. based in Central London.
We are seeking an experienced Analyst with previous experience and knowledge of sustainability legislation for the Biofuels/Commodities market. The successful candidate will enjoy supporting the dynamic and very successful Biofuels Trading team, by ensuring sustainability documentation is maintained consistently with internal procedures, ISCC guidelines and other national schemes. The role will also support the trading desk during external certification audits for ISCC, conducted by the certification body.
Management of Biofuels Mass Balance:
- Ensure the Desk is compliant with its sustainability obligations.
- Management of the Mass Balance spreadsheet, including all updates and reconciliations. Full verification for every quarter close.
- Perform validation checks on incoming and outgoing Sustainability documents, ensuring compliance with relevant sustainability schemes.
- Planning of stock moves with Operations to ensure Mass Balance is balanced at the end of a quarter.
- Stay connected with Operations to ensure vessel moves are tracked and a full understanding of the physical operation.
- Liaise with Operations on queries and follow up on any additional information required.
Manage relationships with Key Stakeholders:
- Manage relationships with external counterparties in terms of delivery of documents and queries, ensuring timelines are met and monitoring of company certifications.
- Monitor Sustainability Position and deliver reporting of forward positions and tracking of delivery notes to the Biodiesel Trading Bench.
- Liaise with the Contracts team to ensure correct sustainability wording is documented in trading contracts.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Degree level education (Or equivalent)
- Demonstrable experience with sustainability legislation and compliance.
- Keen to learn about the Bio Diesel industry.
- Pragmatic; works in a methodical and structured way.
- Intermediate excel skills.
- Clear and concise communicator, with fluent command of the English language.
- Knowledge of ISCC best practice and application would be advantageous.
- Able to work well under pressure, maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
Able to work with a wide variety of people of all levels from different departments, both internally and externally.