Permanent – Based: Central London
Competitive Base Salary + Bens + Bonus
Our client is a trader of Commodity and Energy products including, Gas, Power and Oil products based in Central London.
We are seeking an experienced Oil Settlements Analyst with a good understanding and experience with SAP (or similar accounting package), who is very experienced in month-end closing from a settlement’s perspective and ideally has proven leadership skills.
- To handle physical oil trade settlements including contract terms review, due date control and billing from ETRM system and SAP
- Reviewing contracts/service agreements for settlement purposes
- Checking purchases and sales orders in SAP through the Control Panel
- Deal processing of commercial information in SAP for Export Sales and Purchases
- Inbound/Outbound Freight processing in SAP
- Recording and checking payment due dates
- Price confirmation with counterparties and billing/invoicing of sales both provisional and final invoices
- To ensure incoming & outgoing funds receipt or payment received on time, if any delay in payment, interest shall be applied as per contract, AR ageing follow up
- Process secondary costs such as: freight, insurance, inspections, demurrage and port costs
- Supply weekly cash forecasting for Treasury detailing oil purchases, export sales in order to provision cash flow
- Liaising with traders and operators to resolve disputes and ensure accurate and timely payments
- Resolving third party disputes
- To carry out the procedure/process implemented in ICTS, Control Panel, SAP and other network systems.
- To provide KPI and Trading performance analysis information
- Month end reconciliation of ERTM vs SAP and liaising with reporting team to ensure accurate PnL.
- Actively identify system efficiencies to streamline processes
- Ensure settlement procedures are updated as and when required
- Cover for other members of the team in times of absence
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Educated to bachelor’s degree level as a minimum requirement (or equivalent)
- Professional accounting qualification preferred but not essential.
- Extensive work-based experience in Commodity/Energy trading settlements is necessary
- Settlement experience and LC Knowledge
- Excellent team working and networking skills
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic, positive and proactive
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and SAP
- Symphony knowledge and experience would be desirable