Our client, a Financial and Commodity trading company based in Central London, are actively seeking a Deals Desk Analyst as part of their continued expansion in the Commodity trading sector. This newly created role will essentially require a strong understanding of physical deal economics and the successful candidate will need to have the motivation to drive change and create scalable processes for the business.
- To mark the positions daily ensure these are agreed with the commercial team. These exposures and P&L will need to be communicated to the firm daily.
- To work with Technology teams to ensure issues are escalated and resolved.
- To perform and develop daily and monthly controls to reduce operational risk.
- Regularly present in meetings, detailing the status of certain projects as well as major accomplishments and initiatives.
- To review and oversee the pricing and trade booking process for the firm.
- To maintain and development the firms Risk Management System (Aspect), designing enhancements and testing. The role also carries a large emphasis on the continual review and upgrade to processes and system to increase the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of our reporting.
- Reviewing all trade bookings to ensure physical and paper trades are captured correctly in the risk system.
- Owning and controlling all aspects of Futures/Paper Operations functions including, confirmations, reconciliations and settlements functions.
- To assist the commercial team with ad hoc analysis.
- To assist with compliance matters where necessary.
- Ensure all trading queries have been resolved.
- To ensure margin on paper trades is being monitored and settled.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent organizational skills
- A hands-on approach with strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Technical knowledge of physical commodities, derivatives, and underlying transactional instruments
- Experience in position, exposure and commercial PnL reporting (preferred but not a must)
- Experience of working with and developing a risk management system (Aspect experience an advantage)
- Strong communications skills and ability to present quantitative information to senior management.
- Motivated, enthusiastic and keen to work in a fast-paced environment, with an ability to demonstrate an entrepreneurial approach desirable
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail.