Our Client is a global energy & commodity trading group; recognized as one of the most exciting and commercially driven Commodity Trading houses in the industry!
The successful candidate will work as part of the broader Financial Operations team and will play a key role in the day-to-day functions within the Settlements team. Products covered are varied and include primarily (but not restricted to) Oil derivatives, European Power & Gas, Metals and FX (OTC and Cleared).
- Be able to understand trade bookings and amends across the commodity spectrum.
- Experience and knowledge of settlements for FX, Oil Derivatives, European Power Gas and Emissions (physical and financial).
- Supporting the structured finance team with settlements and invoicing on bespoke deals.
- Ability to understand and reconcile break escalating appropriately to the relevant stakeholders. For example, understanding pricing for a specific product.
- Good understanding of working to treasury funding deadlines.
- Being proactive in chasing breaks ensuring they are cleared and escalated in a timely manner.
- Review KPI’s daily to ensure aged items and outstanding issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all risk items are prioritized and escalated where appropriate.
- Working closely with multiple teams within the organisation and in multiple locations (IT, Credit, Scheduling, Trading, MO, and Trade Finance).
- Any other tasks as directed by your line manager.
- Ideal candidate will have experience in operations and commodities; with extensive and proven experience of Settlement functions.
- Experience and knowledge of Brokerage and Broker rate agreements.
- Strong derivatives product knowledge including knowledge of the trade lifecycle of OTC and Cleared/Futures trades.
- Excellent numerical, Excel and outlook skills.
- Strong system skills (Openlink/Endur,).
- Previous exposure to Oil derivatives, European Power, Gas and Metals and FX.
- Experience of monitoring workflow by reliance on Risk Systems.
- Ideal but not a requirement, experience of the commodities physical market would be advantageous.
- Able to work independently without direct supervision but also happy in working as a team on projects.