Salary: Highly Competitive Package
Our Client is a global energy & commodity trading group, with offices worldwide in over 40 countries; one of the most exciting and commercially driven Commodity Trading houses in the industry!
This is a newly created role within an existing risk team of this Top ranked trading house. The successful candidate will have strong communication skills, able to liaise with the Front office and build successful relationships across all functions.
The global team is responsible for the governance and implementation of the overall company Risk management framework. The Risk Analyst will help analyze the groups commodities risk, build quantitative models for analysis of performance & risk, and implement ad-hoc simulation models to help measure risk (e.g. VAR scenario analysis, stress testing, option VAR models).
- Performing day-to-day market, position, pnl and Value-at-Risk analysis covering trading desks in London and globally across all traded product lines. Performing the related daily reporting duties associated with the above.
- Running regional and global VaR processes for numerous business lines covering a variety of different commodities and trading strategies. Reviewing and analyzing VAR results will be paramount in ensuring the validity and accuracy of the firm’s reporting risk levels
- Providing ad-hoc and value-add analysis to senior management and trading desks on key risks, scenarios testing, stress testing, value-at-risk etc
- Conducting regular reviews of trading limits and assessing the appropriateness of established limits in relation to current trading strategies and market environments
- Working closely with risk managers, technology teams and data teams globally to develop new and relevant risk analytics as part of our overall suit of market risk tools, including models to support options trading strategies. Managing daily relationships with major stakeholders across Front Office, Middle Office, Operations, IT, Strats and IT will be key in being successful in this role
- Supporting Front Office in new business activities by evaluating risks embedded in new business or complex transactions
- Escalating and resolving emergent market and trading risk issues as necessary
- A University Degree in a relevant discipline – Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Engineering with strong numerical and analytical skills.
- 2-4 years of experience in risk management, risk reporting or trading within an energy/commodities trading firm with solid knowledge of the commodities markets that are supported; preferably several years of working in Gas & Power markets to support our growing business needs here in London
- Experience in a coding language/computational language; preferably Python, SQL and/or VBA
- Interest in translating complex mathematical problems into deliverable solutions
- A structured, independent and result-driven mind set
- Excellent Communication skills and a good teamwork mentality