Our client is an Oil trading and supply company based in Central London. They have a strong track-record of growth and a strong entrepreneurial approach; this role is to support the next stage of development and support the Global operation.
As the newly appointed Contract Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Providing paralegal support and general contractual commercial advice to the trading teams and support functions.
- Creating sale contracts and reviewing incoming purchase contracts in a timely manner.
- Confirming all derivative trades from counterparties and brokers leveraging electronic confirmation capabilities where possible issuing paper documentation as necessary.
- Prompt resolution of any deal entry discrepancies.
- Ensure that traders are fully aware of the commercial and financial risk associated with their business and ensure all contracts and agreements are robustly drafted, fit for purpose and serve to best protect the company’s assets.
- Review all tenders prior to bid submission ensuring traders are fully aware of the terms the company would be contracted to in the event of a successful bid.
- Review third party general terms and conditions and recommend amendments.
- Assist and advise the trading teams in negotiating more complex, bespoke contractual arrangements.
- Resolve contractual disputes with counterparties, liaising with Legal Affairs as necessary.
- Understand the compliance issues / critical controls affecting relevant trades and reporting potential problems.
- Taking responsibility for controlling all relevant paperwork relating to trades which fall within given remit, including ensuring compliance by traders within Trading DoA limits and with all control requirements relating to deal entry and authorisation of trade documentation.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Highly literate with an excellent academic record; ideally educated to Degree level in Finance/ Commercial/Mathematics or equivalent
- Extensive work based relevant experience from within a physical Oil Trading company/environment.
- Have a strong paralegal background ideally; but not essential
- Will need to be able to work quickly and accurately on a large volume of work with prompt deadlines
- Should be confident working with complex documentation; any previous contractual or trading background may be advantageous